South Africa Day - The Els Club
VENUE: The Els Club at Copperleaf, Centurion, Gauteng
DATE: Wednesday 12 September 2018
COST: £79 PER PERSON
Flying Club Swingers is delighted to announce that we will be hosting our very first South Africa Swingers day this September at the stunning Els Club at Copperleaf near Johannesburg.
This day has been highly anticipated for a long time, and we can’t wait to see our South African Swingers, hopefully with a few Europe and US Swingers, come together for what promises to be a historic occasion for Flying Club Swingers.
With 18 holes of golf on a top 10 course, halfway hut snacks and drinks, and a post golf buffet included, together with an amazing opportunity for the winner to qualify directly for our S15 Final, it’s an opportunity not to be missed!
The Els Club at Copperleaf is the second ‘Signature’ Ernie Els designed golf course in South Africa and is located just 40 minutes outside of Sandton or just 15 minutes outside of Centurion in Mnandi, Gauteng.
Copperleaf is best defined as ‘modern classic’ – the layout tests every aspect of the game and provides even the longest hitters with a challenge. The course is one of the finest examples of the ‘Highveld grassland’ genre, and players experience a sense of openness and freedom with the Magaliesberg backdrop adding to the country atmosphere.
Built on land once lived on by Ernie Els' grandfather, Mr Ernie Vermaak, Copperleaf is proud to be home to South Africa's first Els Club, and a golf course designed by Ernie Els.
The care and dedication put into the design of South Africa's first Els Club are evident everywhere. The best design principles have been brought together to produce a golf course which is not only aesthetically pleasing, but also challenging and enjoyable for golfers of all standards.
The course makes optimal use of the natural topography, with landscaped recreational areas. Within its unforgettable setting of natural grasslands and rocks, the wide fairways, spectacular water hazards and challenging bunkers delight and test golfers of all levels.
Modern and minimalistic design principles are felt throughout the newly designed Els Club, offering spectacular facilities for golfers to relax after their round.
The Els Club offers guaranteed five-star golfing, and the ideal way to perfect your game and clear your mind and relax afterwards.
All eyes will be on the Els Club in September as a place for the S15 final is up for grabs on the day! For a price of £79 per person, a select few can:
- Meet fellow Flying Club members and play competitive golf at one of South Africa’s most reputable courses
- Pick up an exclusive event goody bag
- Play for fabulous prizes including the second spot in Team ROW at the S15 Final
- Have your scores automatically entered into the Swingers league, whether you’re a Club or Fun Swinger
The package includes 18 holes of golf, halfway hut snacks and drinks, and a post round buffet plus a goody bag and prizes from our partners. Not to mention the chance to play a stunning course and tee it up with fellow Swingers from around the globe!
To join us, book now, as spaces are limited to just 32!
For more information on The Els Club at Copperleaf click here.
1. All bookings are non refundable.
2. The cost is £79 per person.
3. All drinks (excluding a halfway hut drink), accommodation and additional food outside of the halfway hut and post round buffet, together with other purchases are not part of the package cost.
4. Handicaps for Society Days - All players, whether Club or Fun Swingers will be required to play off their lowest handicap index in the preceding 12 months at all society days, irrespective of what their current handicap is. This only relates to prizes on the day or the prize of a direct spot in the final. For scores subsequently submitted by us to a Swinger’s profile, those scores will be submitted based on their actual handicap index.
5. To qualify for the main prize of a place in Team ROW at the S15, the winner must be a registered ROW Swinger and have taken the necessary qualifying flights as detailed in point 1.18 in the terms & conditions.