SkyPro Swingers Match Play Trophy
Could you and your partner be crowned our SkyPro Swingers Match Play Trophy champions in Season 15? Choose a partner and enter our knock out competition as we find out which match play pairs are the real deal! It’s a great way to network with other Swingers and play some new courses.
Each round will be drawn with betterball matches having to be played by a specific date. The home team are responsible for arranging the fixture at one of their clubs, or a club of their choice and the away team will be expected to travel. Any guest green fees should be split between both the home and away pair.
By the end of the season, we will have a North winning pair and a South winning pair, who will contest a UK Final at Woburn Golf Club in October complete with overnight stay. In addition there’s SjyPro prizes for everyone who makes it through to the North and South Finals!
And what’s more you can submit these scores as a Swingers match play even though they are betterball, so choose the right partner and they can help you win a place in the S15 final!
If you would like to enter please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 GMT on Wedsnesday 21 March with your name, email address, contact telephone number, handicap and partner’s name and handicap together with your home clubs and county. PLEASE NOTE ONE OF THE PAIR MUST HAVE SUBMITTED 6 VALID SCORES IN SEASON 14, ALTHOUGH THEIR PARTNER CAN BE EITHER A CURRENT SWINGER OR A NON-SWINGER AS LONG AS THEY SIGN UP BEFORE THE MATCH IS PLAYED.
SWINGERS MATCH PLAY SEMI FINAL SOUTH DRAW
Glennon/Hutcheon v Price/Loxton
Copley/Harpum v Faulkner/Douglas
SWINGERS MATCH PLAY SEMI FINAL NORTH DRAW
Gray A/Gray M v Gray R/Gear
Horn/Peddie v Hankinson/Woods
SWINGERS MATCH PLAY QUARTER FINAL DRAW SOUTH
Copley/Harpum v Morgan/Jones Copley/Harpum won by 1 hole
Glennon/Hutcheon v Murray/Carrett Glennon/Hutcheon won 3&1
Price/Loxton v Scott/Hails Price/Loxton won 8&6
Baker/Guest v Faulkner/Douglas Faulkner/Douglas won 5&4
SWINGERS MATCH PLAY FIRST ROUND DRAW NORTH
Horn/Peddie v Daly/Reyner Horn/Peddie won 5&4
SWINGERS MATCH PLAY QUARTER-FINAL ROUND DRAW NORTH
Weathers/Cooke v Gray R/Gear Gray R/Gear won on 3rd play off hole
Hankinson/Woods v Crickmore/Ainsworth Hankinson/Woods won 6&4
Horn/Peddie v Attwell/Linnell Horn/Peddie won on coin toss
Gray A/Gray M v Conway/Chan Gray A/Gray M won 4&3
SWINGERS MATCH PLAY FIRST ROUND DRAW SOUTH
Scott/Hails v BYE
Woods/Brown v Baker/Guest Baker/Guest won 2&1
Price/Loxton v Seabrook G/Seabrook Price/Loxton won 3&2
Murray/Carrett v BYE
Morgan/Jones v Gilbert/Clinton Morgan/Jones won by walkover
Loberman/Woods v Copley/Harpum Copley/Harpum won on 2nd play off hole
Glennon/Hutcheon v Briant/Shearing Glennon/Hutcheon win on coin toss
BYE v Faulkner/Douglas
Draws and round dates are:
First round draw (round of 16) Tuesday 27 March
First round matches completed by Monday 11 June
Quarter-Final matches completed by Monday 13 August
Semi-Final matches completed by Monday 10 September
Regional Final matches completed by Monday 1 October
Final to be played in October 2018
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT SKYPRO CLICK HERE
1. The format of the competition is betterball match play.
2. All official current club handicaps or, if Fun Swingers, current Swingers handicaps should be used. Players will receive an allowance of 90% of the full difference in handicaps with shots taken from the lowest handicap in each fourball.
3. Any ladies playing in the match may receive additional shots on their handicap dependent on the difference in SSS between the Ladies and Mens' tees. Therefore if the Mens SSS is 70 and the Ladies is 73, Ladies will receive 3 additional shots. The allowance of 90% of the full difference is then applied following this. Ladies should play from the ladies tees.
4. All results should be emailed to email@example.com within 24 hours by the winning pair declaring their match score.
5. The home drawn team is responsible for arranging the fixture and agree to split the visitors' green fees (i.e. away team's green fees) between both pairs. If for any reason the fixture is not played by the deadline, a toss of the coin will decide who proceeds through to the next round.
6. If one team has been deemed to have made a reasonable effort to have arranged a fixture (by offering at least 3 dates), and the opposing team has not communicated availability or is unable to play on the dates given then the organisers may decide to award a walk over. The organisers decision is final.
7. All entries agree to have their email addresses and mobile numbers circulated amongst other entries.
8. The draw will not be seeded.
9. All entries must be received by 17:00 GMT on Wednesday 21 March. There is no entrance fee. The competition is only open to Swingers in mainland UK.
10. All Swingers match play scores can be entered as official Swingers match plays on a Swingers’ profile irrespective of it being a betterball result, and irrespective of whether they have played either of their opponents in a Swingers singles match play. These match plays will count as one of the 3 match plays allowed as part of a Swinger’s 6 qualifying scores, but will only count towards a Swinger’s end of season points totals if both of the opposing pair also submit 6 valid scores. It it is up to the Swinger in question to submit the score within 28 days of the round.